Installing for the first time
To get the best experience of Dokan, we suggest the following
- PHP 5.6 or later
- MySQL 5.6 or later
- WordPress 4.4.1 or later
- WooCommerce 2.5.1 or later
This documentation assumes you have already installed WordPress. If you do not know how to install WordPress, please contact your hosting provider for assistance and also ask him to make sure that the PHP and MySQL version above is ensured. Now follow the steps below-
- Login to the admin panel of WordPress
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New → Popular and find WooCommerce. Click Install. Once installed, click Activate.
- There will be a configuration screen. Move forward and configure the options as you need them. If you need to know more about how to configure WooCommerce, follow their documentation here. We strongly recommend you to watch WooCommerce 101 Series before starting the installation and configuration process. Because the whole system depends on it and you should understand how things work to run and decide things in future.
- When you are done, go back to the Plugins menu again and click Add New → Upload File. Click Choose File and select dokan.zip file you downloaded from https://wedevs.com/account/downloads/.
- Click Install Now. When done, click Activate Plugin.
- Now, you will receive a message stating you need the core plugin of Dokan. Dokan Pro requires the core plugin to make it functional. So, you will need to install the dokan core version which is completely free. If you already have Dokan lite version installed, you can skip this step 6 to 8.
- Click on the Install Now button and wait a bit. Dokan will be installed and activated automatically.
- Please note that you have to keep both core and pro version of Dokan installed and activated for the plugin to function properly.
Upgrade from free to pro version
If you are using the free version of Dokan Multivendor Marketplace and want to upgrade to pro version, just download the dokan.zip from https://wedevs.com/account/downloads/ and install it. Now, click on the Activate button. You are done!
If you are using FTP to transfer your files to your server. Then just unzip the plugin and upload
dokan-plugin directory to your