Translate Dokan Modules
Translating Dokan Plugins modules is very much similar to other WordPress plugins. All the premium modules except WC Simple Auction & Dokan WC Booking, are included in their respective packages. The Pro packages are not ready for translating from wordpress.org, but we have created our own project from where you can easily translate them.
As from now on, you will be able to translate the WC Simple Auction & Dokan WC Booking modules. The translation file of Dokan Pro Packages will contain the translation for all the modules.
How to Translate Dokan Modules
Here are the steps which you should follow for translating WC Simple Auction & Dokan WC Booking.
- At first, you have to register to https://wedevs.com.
- Login to the weDevs Translation Project at https://wedevs.com/glotpress/projects/
- Now, go to https://wedevs.com/glotpress/projects/dokan-pro.
- You will find these Dokan modules on the left side of the page. Select an add-on from the list.
- You will see a list of available languages. Select your own language from the list.
- If the language is already 100% translated, jump to step 11. Step 7-10 is required if the language is not translated yet.
- After selecting the language, you will see a list of available strings that need to be translated.
- Select the string and start to translate.
- Translate or modify the existing string if required.
- After completing the translation, you will need to export the translation file.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find an Export Link.
- You have to download two important files.
- First, select Only Matching the Filter from the first drop-down menu beside the Export link.
- Next, select Portable Object Message Catalog (.po).
- Now click on the Export link. This will download a .po file to your computer.
- For the second file, select Machine Object Message Catalog (.mo) from the drop-down menu and click Export again. This will download a .mo file to your computer.
You have rename the .mo file according to this format:
For example, dokan-wc-booking-fr_FR.mo or dokan-wc-booking-en_US.mo
Here is a list of the plugin name you have to replace while renaming the .mo or .po file.
- Dokan Simple Auction = dokan-auction-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan WC Booking = dokan-wc-booking-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
Finally, you will have to-
- go to wp-admin -> Settings -> General and scroll to the bottom.
- You will get to see a drop down menu for languages. Choose your language from there (like, en_Es for Spanish) and save.