For various purposes, you might need the address of your users. Either to send something physically or just for gathering customer data, weForms has you covered. It has pre-built custom Address Field which can be tailored to your needs. From road numbers to city zip code every detail can be collected by the admin. For various purposes, you might need the address of your users. Either to send something physically or just for gathering customer data, weForms has you covered. It has pre-built custom Address Field which can be tailored to your needs. From road numbers to city zip code every detail can be collected by the admin.
The Address field type lets you create fields in your form where users can input their Address. It is divided into six sections by default – Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City State, Zip Code, Country.
To add the address field type to your form, you need to click on the Address Field from Custom Fields section or simply drag and drop it on the builder.
Address Field Field options
The Address Field has multiple Field Options, such as:
- Field Label: This gives you the option to change the name of the field. You can set it to what you want
- Meta Key: A meta key will be auto-generated but you have the option to change it.
- Help Text: This will show text in the field to make the user more aware of what information to give.
- Required: This gives you the option to make the field required or not for submission
Advanced options can be expanded by clicking on the pointed section on Field Options. This will show you all the options for extra customization. There you will see
- Address Fields: You can check what field you want to show to the user. Unchecking will remove that field.
- CSS Class Name: It helps you to include CSS class to the field. If you want to add your custom made design to the contact form you can do it from here.
- Conditional Logic: You can use Conditional Logic to make you form to adapt to information. This function is available only in the Paid Version of weForms.
After saving and publishing a page containing Address field your form should look like above.
How to Autofill the Address Field Using the Google Map field?
If you are using weForms Pro, the Address Field will be auto-filled from the Google Map field.
To do so, you will have to drag and drop both the Address field and Google Map field into your form builder. After that, go to the field options of the Google Map field and check the box “Show Address Search Box “.
Now, save and publish the form. Now when a user selects any location from the Google Map the location will automatically be added to the address field.
Here is how a user will autofill the address field from the frontend:
The user will search on the map and click on the location and the fields of the address field options will be filled like below:
Finally, the user will hit the “Submit Query” button.
For any further queries, contact our support team.