With the recent addition of the General Data Regulation Policy or GDPR as it is commonly known there have been some changes to how user data is handled. Especially when taking information of a user with a form.
With that in mind, weForms Pro 1.2.6 also introduced a separate Privacy section that introduces features that make the form builder compatible with GDPR.
We have added privacy settings option for the Admin.
To find the Privacy settings of weForms, you will need to navigate to wp-admin→weForms→Settings
There you will see the new weForms Privacy settings.
- Export Payment Data: According to GDPR policy you need to give access to users to their own data. They need to know what data you are storing. This option enables users to export their payment data with the default WordPress user data.
- Erase Payment Data: Enabling this will let your users the permission to erase their payment data. The information that they have submitted to your forms for payment.
You can learn more about weForms payment module (weForms support both Stripe and PayPal payment) from the official documentation.
Export/Erase Payment Data (Admin Settings)
If the admin has enabled the previously mentioned privacy options, his/her payment details will also be included in the export/erase.
To let your users export/erase all the data that is available to you, go to the wp-admin→Tools
There you will see two different options.
- Export Personal Data: Allow a user to download the personal the admin has. Learn more from here.
- Erase Personal Data: If the user wants to erase his/her data the admin can do that from here. Check out this documentation.
Note: Steps for both the Export Personal Data and Erase Personal Data is the same.
- To let your users export/erase their personal data that you have, at first you need to submit their email address. To do that go to wp-admin→Tools→Export Personal Data/Erase Personal Data.
- In the Username or email address field submit the email or the username for that user and click on Send Request.
3. After an admin has submitted an email address to send a request to it will be shown as pending on the list.
4. An automated email will be sent to that address with the confirmation link for user permission. The user needs to go to that link to confirm that they have allowed the action.
5. Once the user confirms, the admin will see the approved status in the status column.
6. Now the admin needs to click on the Email Data Button and all the personal information stored will be sent to that user in their email. If Admin selected the previous Privacy settings of weForms the user will also get their payment information that was stored.
Note: Steps for both the Export Personal Data and Erase Personal Data are the same.