Get file management system like Google Drive within your WP Project manager plugin.
Though it is fairly easy to use, I will take you on a trip through all of its possibilities.
Here are the topics that will be covered –
- Uploading a file
- Creating a folder
- Creating a document file
- Uploading or creating a file or folder inside another folder
- Linking an external doc/file to the file manager
- Commenting on a file or document
- Sharing the documents
- Removing or updating a file/folder/doc.
- Keeping a backup.
Uploading a file
- Simply go to Files tab from any Project and click on the + Upload a file button
- Click on Attach a file button and choose the file from your computer.
- You can add multiple files at once, choose more if you need to.
- To proceed with uploading, click on Submit.
Creating a folder
- Simply click on + Create a folder
- Enter the name for the folder
- Tick to make this private
- Now click on “Create Folder” to complete the action
Creating a Document file
- To create a document file, click on + Create a doc
- Enter the document title
- Write the things you need to note
- Click Create a doc
- You can also make this document file private by checking Make this private before creating the doc.
Uploading or creating a file or folder inside another folder
- Click on the folder that you want to upload a file or folder
- At the top right corner, you will find + Upload a file. Click on it
- A file upload tool will appear.
- Click on Attach a file button and Select your file
- Click on the Submit button and save the file. You can also click Delete file, if you need to delete it
- To make it private, check Make files private.
Linking an external doc/file to the file manager
- Simply click on the + Link to Doc
- Enter the Title of the doc
- Provide the link to the doc
- Add notes if required
- Click Link to Doc
- View the linked Doc.
Commenting on a file or document
- Simply click on a file or document that have been already created or uploaded
- A new preview will appear
- Write down the comment on the comments section.
- You can add links or format the text according to your requirement
- If you need to attach a file, click on Select Files
- Click Add Comment to save.
File Manager Sharing and Privacy Settings
- To access the file manager settings, click on a project
- On the right side of the Files tab, you will find Settings. Click on it
- At the bottom of the page, there is the Files section
- You can control who can upload or create a doc
- You can also select who can view the private files
Removing or updating a file/folder/doc
- To update a file/folder/doc, click on it
- You will find the Edit button on the right top side
- After clicking on it, you will be able to update the doc according to your requirements
- You can also delete the file/folder/doc by clicking on the delete button on that file/folder/doc
Keeping a backup
- You can always keep a backup of your files if required
- To do so, click on the file/doc, a preview of the file will appear.
- Click on the Download button to save the file and create a backup.