Tagged: Dokan product import
March 30, 2014 at 10:13 am #17600
With Dokan will I have the ability from the backend to import a cvs file for product listings in a vendors shop upon their initial setup? Thanks!
RachelleMarch 30, 2014 at 1:50 pm #17608
Nizam UddinKeymasterPost count: 670
No, you can't.. but Woocommerce have lots of addon to import products, you can try one of them because Dokan based on Woocommerce
http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-csvimport/March 31, 2014 at 1:05 am #17626
Thank you. I do already have that plugin. I just wanted to make sure it would still work with this theme.
One more questions, the function I want most from this theme is the frontend dashboard component. I am already really happy with my current theme and I hate to go through the process to switch everything and do the tweaks again. Is just the frontend dashboard component available as a plugin?
Also, I found an early bird coupon code online for this theme. If I have to go the theme route, is that coupon still good? I didn't see an expiration date.
Thanks so much!March 31, 2014 at 11:05 am #17644
Nizam UddinKeymasterPost count: 670
Dokan is using Woocommerce so if you able to import product in Woccommerce, Dokan will show it in list. But you have to do some task manually such as store settings.
Dokan is completely a theme. Not possible as plugin at this moment. But we are working on some child themes of Dokan. If you really want to use dokan and your theme together, you can make your theme child theme for Dokan with help of WordPress Developer.
Currently no coupon is available for Dokan.
Thank you..April 1, 2014 at 1:21 am #17712
I really appreciate your patience with my many questions. I think these are the last ones I have. This seems to be the perfect fit for my needs so I am most likely going to go this route and just use your theme completely. I've been navigating your demo site and it seems pretty user friendly. These are some questions I ran into as I was working with the settings.
1. Can I use the fancybox plugin for pictures with this theme without messing anything up?
2. Are the Dokan add-ons listed in the backend included with this theme? They were Ajax, Product Enquiry, Paypal Adaptive, etc.
3. Is there a place in the theme to modify the emails that go out to the buyer and seller for each order? If a customer buys something from two vendors does each vendor get a separate email notification with just their item in their order or will they see items from both vendors?
4. In the vendor dashboard I would like to remove the product short description, enable reviews, purchase notes, and shipping (we will have all digital items). I didn't see any way to modify that in the backend. Am I missing how to edit this somewhere?
5. I notice that there has to be a withdrawl limit before the vendor can get paid. I was under the impression that when a purchase is made the vendor automatically gets paid their commission and the rest I get paid. It doesn't appear this is the case here. Is it possible to set it up that way?
I think that answers all my questions. Hopefully after reviewing your answers I will be able to purchase the product and set up shop. Thank you so much!
RachelleApril 1, 2014 at 1:27 am #17714
Tareq HasanKeymasterPost count: 2831
Here's the answers:
1. Yes you could, just override WooCommerce hooks and you can do that.
2. Any add-ons aren't included. They are sold separately.
3. Each vendor gets separate emails with only their products, they are from WooCommerce email template. So if you need to customize them, you could.
4. You need to manually remove them from our Dokan template.
5. By-default, Dokan has a withdraw system. So every seller needs to submit a withdraw request and you need to payout manually. So it's not automatic. If you need automatic payouts when the customer pays, use our PayPal adaptive payment add-on. It'll split the payments to sellers and you. You get the commission and sellers gets their own.April 1, 2014 at 5:51 am #17725
Thank you so much!!
I hope to purchase soon. : )
The topic ‘CSV option?’ is closed to new replies.