July 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm #5912
Good morning team,
First of all, congrats on the development of this plugin… it has so many features! I am looking to purchase WP User Frontend Developer for a big project I'm involved now but I need to make sure it does two things:
1. I'm using a gallery WP theme called Curator from Themeforest (http://themeforest.net/item/the-curator-premier-wp-timeline-theme-for-artists/full_screen_preview/2449908). To display image on the main horizontal gallery, it uses the Featured Image on the blog post. But to display videos, it uses the “Embedded Content” in the “custom post options”. When I was creating my form with WP User Frontend, I didn't see any options to add the embedded content buttom as an option for users to add videos to the horizontal gallery. Can I do that somehow? The site is all built up and almost ready to launch but I'm looking for a FrontEnd plugin to help users post artwork easily to this gallery.
2. The site I'm developing is for the company I work for and will be only for employees. As soon as the employee signs in to the system, it will automatically make them Subscribers. As subscribers, they will be able to browse the site.
If user Subscriber, they get prompted to upgrade user status to “Author” (with capabilities to upload artwork) by filling out the form and agreeing to the terms.
Does the WP User Frontend plugin have this feature? As soon as they sign up, they would be able to fill out the Frontend form of the Post page. Certain levels can post, others can not. We want only Author and above registered users to post, but not Subscriber registered users. Does it make sense? Can I accomplish that all with the WP User Frontend? Or would i have to use more than 1 plugin?
I really appreciate your advice and help! Thank you again and have a great day! Mariane K.July 13, 2013 at 1:43 am #5921
Sorry my apology for previous reply. I removed it.
here are your answers:
1. Yes, you can do it by using a custom field and right meta key.
2. You require a Membership plugin (free/paid) with WPUF PRO. From WPUF PRO you can assign users to be registered as subscriber first.
I recommend others to use Membership plugin from WPMU which is only $9
you can hide menus,restrict access etc.
Let us know if you have any further question.
Cheers.July 16, 2013 at 3:21 am #6001
Awesome! Thank you for the explanation!
I still have another question for #2. I see that there is an option under Post Settings to let Guest Posts submit posts, so I assume that if I leave it blank, it will only let registered users submit posts. Is there a way to limit that to only certain registered users (for example only Authors or only Admin)?
Let me give you more background about this project. All employees here will be automatically set up to be Subscribers. That way we would be able to sign in and browse the site and view all content. But then, if they want to contribute to the site (by filling out the WPUF PRO form) they would need to become Authors first. Can the WPUF PRO only let Authors post or will I have to put the WPFU PRO form in a private page that will only be available for Authors to view? Maybe you have a better solution. We have too many employees here (over 60.000) and we need a way for them to “ugrade” their user role from Subscriber to Author without needing anybody else involved. Then, the WPUF PRO form would need to only be available to Authors but I don't see an option for that in the back-end of the testing environment. Any advice will be appreciated! This is the final piece I need to figure out and I would love to purchase the WPUF PRO but I just need to make sure it would work per my client's request. Thank you again 🙂July 16, 2013 at 3:50 am #6004
There is a built in subscription Option with WPUF PRO. But, i guess you dont want to charge your employees.
So, try this way –
– Create a subscription package with price 0
– Active payment gateways with information.
– Make sure you active “Force pack purchase” under WPUF -> Settings -> Payment
– Now if your employees want to post ad they have to choose this package. Though it will not cost them anything, but their accounts will be approved and they can post.July 16, 2013 at 6:34 pm #6027
Great! Sounds like a good plan! I appreciate your help!July 16, 2013 at 7:27 pm #6032
If you don't mind, can you please clarify two things?
1. What the end user will see when they go through the “payment” process even though the cost is 0? If they have to see for instance a shopping cart, and the credit card logos, and the paypal logo, etc. that will be off-putting.
2. What do you mean by “activate the payment gateway”? Do we have to create a Paypal account or something just for these purposes?
Thanks you again for your help!
Mariane KingstonJuly 17, 2013 at 5:29 am #6050
1. Right now there is no way to create a free package, although the cost is zero. But that will be fixed in the next version, which might be in next week.
2. No you don't have to register. He meant, you just need to configure the payment settings in the pluginJuly 18, 2013 at 12:00 am #6080
Thank you Tareq for the reply. I'll go ahead and purchase it and start installing it. Will I receive an email or notification when the next version is released? This is something important to us and will be extremely helpful to my client to have the “cost zero” removed from the process of registration.
Thank you again!July 18, 2013 at 5:22 am #6098
The plugin has a update notification system same as the free plugin update notifications. If a newer version is available, you'll get a plugin update notification just like it was a free plugin. You would need to enter the license keys though 🙂July 22, 2013 at 11:08 pm #6201
Good morning team,
I have created my front-end form (so users can submit new posts) and I'm now only missing the piece related to “using a custom field and right meta key” as you previously told me. I have added the custom field URL, because according to my theme, to display videos it uses the “Embedded Content” in the “custom post options”. What kind of meta key I need to use and where can I find that information? I appreciate your help and wish you a wonderful day!July 23, 2013 at 1:28 am #6213
That really depends on the theme what meta key is being used for the embeded content. May be you could see “Custom Field” meta box in the post edit screen in admin panel and see whats the meta key. Still if you can't figure it out, let us know the login details and we can check it for you.July 23, 2013 at 2:52 am #6220This reply has been marked as private.July 23, 2013 at 4:19 am #6221
This been fixed. marking as resolved.
Thank you.July 23, 2013 at 8:26 pm #6249
This has NOT been fixed! We chatted yesterday afternoon and it only worked for you because my meta data was different than yours. You said you were going to take a look at action hook, right? Please help me with this issue because I can't upload videos and I need to present this work tomorrow morning! Thank you for your time!July 24, 2013 at 1:02 am #6265
Can anyone please help me? I still have an issue with the custom embedded video in my form! I'm available on skype if it's easier or by phone. Whatever works best for you! Thank you a lot!
The topic ‘Questions before purchase WP User Frontend Developer’ is closed to new replies.