March 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm 1580
|omegamax||First, thanks for such an amazing Plugin and Support. Although I believe that this is not the place for wishlist but instead the Wordpress Forum I decided to keep this here. The plugin is nearly perfect in terms of features, sadly there are three more features that I would love to see on it and many people would too: 1. Post Formats: Just as the new Wordpress 3.6 will be more driven to Post Formats. So far we can't pick any post format but type. Our site is mostly based on Post Format where the user can specify what kind of content they would like to sent whether is a video, image, article. Thus, the post layout vary depending on the format. 2. Conditionals: It would be nice to have some conditionals on the fields just like Advanced Custom Fields in order to display certain fields depending if certain conditions are met. For example, if an user picks from a drop down menu the option "Reviews" certain fields such as "Rating" would be displayed while if the user pick "News" a "Source" field would be displayed instead while the "Rating" would be hidden. Ie: http://i.imgur.com/kdL0QjF.png In addition, another option would be displaying fields per roles and custom roles. For example, fields only visible to Authors, Subscribers or any defined custom role. 3. Tags Highlight: The main idea is to make how Youtube does. When someone write the word: WP User Frontend Pro and they press the "Enter" key the WP User Frontend Pro would be wrapped inside a gray rounded box and the same would happen with the other tags that you write. Those are the only features that I look forward in the future. In fact, I noticed that we are missing some fields such as the Twiter, Facebook, Linkedin and those that can be found on the profile by default. Although I already made my own using custom fields. Kind Regards,|
March 28, 2013 at 3:35 pm 1581
2. Gets my vote while i have got a code solution, a GUI solution would be ace.
March 28, 2013 at 4:01 pm 1584
I am glad you liked the plugin. The features you proposed, they should be in this forum as it’s not the free version.
1. Post formats: I would also like to introduce this one, that will be awesome indeed and I want to make it as the best frontend plugin for WordPress. But I am not sure how should I implement this. As WordPress 3.6 is coming, the post UI in the admin panel is static, it’s not like the dynamic form builder. I am not sure if you have seen the upcoming 3.6 post add/editing screen, thats a nice one. Can you propose a way how it should be done in the context of dynamic form builder?
2. Thats a enhancement too. In a future update it’ll come I hope.
3. Hmm, thats a nice suggestion too.
@bsport, how are you dealing with the feature no. 2 via code?
March 28, 2013 at 4:05 pm 1586
March 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm 1587
Yeah, it’s easy if anyone knows coding 🙂
Did you checked the “Action Hook” field yet?
March 28, 2013 at 4:35 pm 1590
yer thats pretty cool, thats what i used to include the js
April 2, 2013 at 12:35 am 1709
My bad for the late reply.
About your questions. Making a Post Formats option just like the Post Type one is what I was asking for. There is no need for extending the editor. Instead, you could provide a premium simple add-on using jQuery Tabs where people can stack multiple forms. Thus, they could pick a different title and post type for each form and problem solved.
Moreover, about the Conditional Fields. This would be the second solution and pretty important since it would give people the freedom to play with the forms and have more options instead of having the need of creating multiple forms due to the lack of conditionals
I’ve a few more suggestions:
1. User Edit Page: I’m currently making mine but it would be better if the plugin came with it. The main idea is to make a page that contains all the user posts with the edit option next to them. Thus, they would be able to find all their entries and edit them without getting inside each post.
2. Post Rejection: The main idea is to make a Rejected Post Type that applies only to Pending for Reviews posts. All the posts marked with Rejected may send an email to the user explaining why their post was reject and that such post should be edited. Thus, as soon as the user update the post it would be set as Pending for Review again in order to check it.
3. Select List for Exclude Categories Taxonomies Field: My site got around 30 categories. I had to make like 4 different forms in order to limit the categories for each one and dealing with all the IDs was a headache. It would be nice if we could have all the categories available displayed and then we could pick the one that we want to exclude (just like many of those most recent posts widgets works)