secondly, i want to use this so my staff can update their own profile page content however i want it to NOT post an update live automatically. i want to make sure that the content is clean and tidy prior to putting into production so would like to build a workflow:
1) user submits updated page (ok)
2) system sets updates to custom status (pending or some such) and emails admin (or specified person)
n.b. if the page has an updated image it should attach this also.
3) link in email to approve the change
4) Updated content set to published
can you advise if this is possible? if not would it be a possibility to do for a future version? i will buy the developer license if this is doable!
1. You can create a form for that post type. So you can configure the post status from “Post Settings”.
2. That way the newly creted post is automatically will set to “pending”. With the “Notification” tab, you can send notification email to the admin or any user. (image attach will not work)
3. You can send every bit data of the post, including custom fields to the email. As the images are stored as their attachment ID, you'll not see the image sadly.
4. The post link will be sent to that email, so he can see and approve the post to “publish”.
You can use a single form for every user.
By WP Profile system you mean the wp-admin/profile.php update area?
yes i mean the profile.php (that we dont use currently however working towards it)
ok, one last thing, this is also for updating a page, should make no difference? only thinking that if the new content is set to pending the old page would be pulled offline due to it being the same page/url?