March 20, 2014 at 1:49 pm #16974
Hi I am very keen on the WP Project Manager plugin and its frontend and invoice addons. I have some questions:
– Upon Login with frontend, do the clients only see their individual pages with their own respective dashboard and related projects or will they see all my projects even with other clients? I would like clients to be able to see their own projects (not other client's) on the frontend, while only I am able to access the admin panel area.
– I am testing the free version. I noticed that upon creation of a task (to-do) and if I forget to click notify user then later go in to edit and check the box and submit. It will not email the user unless I delete the task and recreate it from scratch. Is this a bug?
– Are my clients able to fwd their co-workers (without login credentials) to download the project files on the frontend? (sometimes like cc or bcc) The files function does not seem testable in the demo on your site.
– Currently in the demo, the invoices do not seem to show on the frontend. Are clients able to access a list of their invoices in the frontend as well as download pdfs like how it is available in the admin panel? It shows in the screenshots, just wanted to clarify.
– Payment gateway: I understand that the addon comes with the default paypal gateway. Does it normally fwd to the Paypal page when clicking Enter Payment? Currently you just enter an amount and Paypal and click, and it will show invoice as “Paid”.
– Is it possible to customize the invoice numbering? I would like this to continue from my old invoice numbers after migrating from other software. Also, it seems confusing that the invoice has two different numbers even in your screenshots on the addon page (one from invoice title and other system generated). It also does not seem to show the current invoice number if I want to set title to the same as the sytem generated.
I tried to request for the custom demo as I'd like to confirm that the plugin works well with my theme on the frontend, however upon submit the spinning arrows just go on and on and the form doesn't seem to submit. Tried this for a couple of times now.March 20, 2014 at 5:43 pm #16981
1. Clients only see the projects they are assigned to. They can't see other projects. The pro version has a permission management role in the plugin settings: Project Manage Capability and Project Create Capability. Users who has
Project Manage Capabilitycan see all projects and manage them.
2. In the free version, when you update the project, it doesn't send notification. But when creating and updating a todo, it sends. Upon comment update, it doesn't.
3. No they can't forward. Only peoples from the project can see and download files.
4. Yes it does show on frontend. You've to assign a invoice to user and only that user can see the invoice list, download pdf and pay there. Only managers can see the invoice tab in admin panel, not co-workers and clients.
5. As clients can't see invoices in admin panel, they have to pay via frontend and it sends them to paypal. May be you are talking about the manual payment, it's for project manager only incase you need a manually payment entry.
6. You actually provide the invoice title, so you can customize it. Invoice is a custom post type and it's auto generated.
Sorry for the demo thing, will be fixed.March 24, 2014 at 2:01 pm #17148
Thanks for the clarification!
Is it possible to change the system auto-generated invoice number for the very first invoice? I know the title can be changed, so that can probably be changed to match the system one to avoid confusing clients. But I'm hoping the system generated one can match my current numbers. Not a programmer but is editing maybe one of the values in the php files possible for this?March 24, 2014 at 6:57 pm #17185
You mean auto populate the invoice title when you go to create one? I still unclear about this, possible to send any screenshots justifying your requirements?March 25, 2014 at 6:34 pm #17262This reply has been marked as private.March 25, 2014 at 8:19 pm #17275
That can be done for sure. Just need to alter some codes.March 26, 2014 at 12:29 am #17287
Thanks for clarifying.
Under the projects page, there is a dropdown menu to filter by category, would this also be possible to filter by clients? such as having a dropdown menu of clients, and being able to filter all projects client A is involved in.
Just wondering… does Project Manager PRO come with the invoice addon? I tried to order twice with PRO and invoice in the cart, however after clicking checkout and redirected to Paypal, only PRO is left in the list.March 26, 2014 at 1:07 am #17302
Scratch the post above. the order got through this time 🙂
lucky for the delay, I noticed the new promo code!March 26, 2014 at 1:35 am #17317
Huh! Lucky you 😉December 11, 2014 at 5:15 am #32108
Hi I have the Invoice and Frontend plugins working. I want client to see their project and invoices on same page so have added shortcodes, problem is the invoice shows at top and i want it below the project – how do i change it?
ThanksFebruary 2, 2015 at 4:56 am #35479
Hi I am using PM Pro with Invoice add-on. I am still unclear how to set up, I have created 2 test projects, 1 for each client and when I try to create an invoice within a project the Client dropdown shows a list of the wordpress users i have created (admin, etc).
So does this mean that I have to create every client ( I have about 50) as a user in WordPress ? I am planning to email them the invoice so I guess the email I set up as their WordPress user email is the one?
Also If I do give a client a log in to see and pay their invoices I would like them to go to a front-end page not the dashboard is this possible?
Also I need to customise the invoice layout slightly to have a logo and some extra text, I have edited the create new invoice file and it looks fine but once the invoice is made the output invoice layout looks all wrong – which file should i be looking at to sort it out?
The Add-ons link under Project Manager in the dashboard say Error fetching add-ons. Please try again later! Is this where settings should be?
Thank you and sorry for all the questions!February 5, 2015 at 5:02 pm #35874
Can someone please respond to me? I need to customize the look of the invoice and need help with which file I should be looking atFebruary 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm #35877
Also on the front end when adding [cpm] and [cpm_invoice] on same page the invoices come at the top – I want them below the projects how do I do that?
The topic ‘WP Project Manager with addons’ is closed to new replies.