weDevs and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of Europe, is the latest privacy regulation and policy that will be implemented in May 2018 all over the world.
The purpose of this document is to provide necessary information regarding GDPR, the law and how weDevs in going to implement the GDPR principles for their products and services of
Here at weDevs, we are working strictly to bring transparency to our data uses – how we are going to collect, store and use our customers and users' (your) data.
Basically, we will be referring to the following while implementing GDPR –
- Who we are
- What types of data we collect from our users
- Why we collect data
- How long we will retain the data
- Which third parties we share our data with
- How can you take control of your data
- How can you delete your data
- Ways to reach us regarding your data
We are expecting to implement all this by May 2018.
What is GDPR?
In simple words, GDPR refers to the control of your own data that you share with different service providers. In this process, the service providers must be transparent about collecting, using and sharing your personal data that you agree or consent to share.
With the new regulations of Europe, you will have more access, control and choice of your own personal data that is being collected, used or shared.
However, you should take note that – GDPR applies to the EU users as it is an EU law. Thus, it applies to all the websites and businesses who have EU customer base (collects, store and use data of EU residents).
GDPR Implementation of weDevs
Apart from that, here is a summary of how weDevs collects, store and use your data maintaining the GDPR principles.
- We collect common data such as your name, email address, phone number and address. All this data is used for creating your profile.
- When you purchase from us, we collect order data including – IP address, web browser, payment email, billing address, payment method, credit card or PayPal information. We collect these for preventing fraudulent activities and invoicing purposes.
- Besides that, we sometimes collect tracking information while you browse our site including – the pages you visit, the products you view and the pages you interact with for marketing purposes.
- weDevs keeps invoices for around 6 years. So, we retain your billing information for 6 years unless you request us to delete your data.
- We use WooCommerce and Google Analytics. They are renowned service providers as well. We do not share your data with any other third party companies or businesses.
- You have the full power to control your content. You can view your profile and modify it any time you want. Besides that, you can request us by sending an email to view all of your data that we have stored. Most importantly, you have the rights to delete your data. You can send us an email stating that you want us to delete your data and we will delete them for you. We are also working on to give you full access to control and delete your data by yourself.
- For contacting us, you can drop your queries in our contact form or send us an email at [email protected]
We are still implementing GDPR to our website and services. So, we are continuously updating this page when necessary. We are hopeful to make everything related to weDevs compliant to GDPR within 29 May 2018.