As you are reading this blog so, i can count that you may already know the importance of keeping your WordPress business site as secured as possible.Unfortunately there are many reasons why your site can get attacked and it could come from a simple “hacker” that just do it for fun or, attacks that are aimed to do your site some harm.
Here i am going to introduce a WordPress security plugin named – Better WP Security by bit51.com .
Better WP Security – Almost an “all-in-one” security plugin for WordPress. This plugin takes the best WordPress security features and techniques and combines them in a single plugin thereby ensuring that as many security holes as possible are patched without having to worry about conflicting features or the possibility of missing anything on your site.
Main features are:
- Scan your site to instantly tell where vulnerabilities are and fix them in seconds
- Remove the meta “Generator” tag
- Removes login error messages
- Change the urls for backend functions including login, admin, and more
- Create and email database backups on a schedule using wp-cron
- Ban troublesome bots and other hosts
- Completely turn off the ability to login for a given time period (away mode)
- Prevent brute force attacks by banning hosts and users with too many invalid login attempts
- Display a random version number to non administrative users anywhere version is used (often attached to plugin resources such as scripts and style sheets)
- Enforce strong passwords for all accounts of a configurable minimum role
- Detect attempts to attack your site
- and much more ….
If you really do concern about your website security i will suggest you to try this one. Its Completely FREE and Best part is it does the job what it suppose to do !
Obviously, there is simply no way that you can secure your WordPress sites security to 100% , but you should always be prepared your self by using doing some common tasks.
If you feel there is something else out there please feel free to share with us by commenting here.