October 25, 2014 at 9:12 pm #29049
Hello, I'm thinking about purchasing Dokan Plugin, and I have just a few questions to clarify my needs.
First, besides the three payment options for customers, can there be added the Cash on Delivery option? I would like that because it would not involve me directly in the purchase because I intend to make a subscription service. The vendors pay me once every year or month or semi yearly and they sell their products on their own, without me interfering. Is it possible to add that?
Secondly, is their any posibility to have each of the vendors' sales money earned go directly into their bank account? Can any payment processor do that? Or does each vendor have to own a PayPal account and from there on to redirect the money to their bank accounts?
And finaly, in the Product Shipping addon, can each vendor add his own transportation method? Meaning that if I have vendors X,Y,Z and each of them has their own delivery service, they would just write that there.
Thank you for your help!October 28, 2014 at 6:23 pm #29256
Neill WatsonMemberPost count: 3
I'm not a Dokan user yet, but looking at Adaptive Payments Add On, this will enable funds to go direct to the seller:
Alternatively, looking at the demo back end, it appears that sellers can apply to withdraw funds by bank transfer.
Hope this helps,
Neill WOctober 28, 2014 at 10:07 pm #29271
I knew that with the PayPal Adaptive Payments they go directly to the seller, what I am interested in is that if there is any way by which sellers don't have to register with PayPal or any other payment processor service. They just get the money straight into their bank accounts, but for that I belive I have to be a registered payment processor.
And what concerns me the most is the other problem, the cash on delivery option for customers when buying. Is that possible or do I have to hire a developer to set it up for me?
Thank youOctober 30, 2014 at 8:41 pm #29469
Sekander BadshaMemberPost count: 2067
Thank you Neill for being such a kind heart 🙂
Cash on delivery is a built in option in WooCommerce. So you can use it without making any customization or buying any extra add-on.
Yes, the subscription method is available but you have to buy and extra add-on for that. We have an add-on for subscription for the sellers. You can view the details here: http://wedevs.com/plugin/dokan/subscriptions/
And to know more, you can read the docs here: http://docs.wedevs.com/category/add-ons/dokan-add-ons/dokan-subscription/
To automate the payment process, you should always use the online payment processors like PayPal, Skrill, Stripe etc. But as far I know, bank does not allow multiple transactions at once online. If this is possible in your country, you can use that.
For product based shipping, we have an add-on named “Per Product Shipping. But that only allows to add the shipping charges based on the countries. It does not offer any shipping method choosing option.
You can explore the features of this add-on here: http://wedevs.com/plugin/dokan/per-product-shipping/
And to know more, you can read the docs here: http://docs.wedevs.com/category/add-ons/dokan-add-ons/per-product-shipping/
Let me know if you have any more question.
Thank you 🙂November 4, 2014 at 11:31 pm #29704
Greetings Sekander, I have found what i was looking for in terms of shipping classes but I still can't find the option for cash on delivery neither in the woocommerce settings nor the dokan ones.
Where can I find it and how can I make it appear on the product purchase pages instead of, let's say “Skrill” or “Bank Account Transfer”?
Another questions that appeared are:
1. Are the woocommerce themes usable with the Dokan plugin without any customizations? Or do I have to do heavy customization in oder for them to work? On your main page it says that I don't, but I just want to be sure
2. Are the WooCommerce settings from the WordPress dashboard applicable in the Dokan plugin? Because I have seen a lot of them there, that don't appear in the Dokan dashboard, and they are very useful, but still don't know if they all apply, because they would enhance the usability a lot.
3. Are all the woocommerce plugins usable with Dokan? Do they need customization?
Thank you for your time!November 10, 2014 at 12:38 am #30069
Sekander BadshaMemberPost count: 2067
Here is the official documentation of WooCommerce about COD http://docs.woothemes.com/document/cash-on-delivery/
1. Sometimes the Store page might break. But here is the solution http://docs.wedevs.com/how-to-fix-the-broken-store-page-of-dokan/
2. As Dokan is WooCommerce dependent, it will follow the rules coming from WooCommerce.
3. All the functionalities that work behind the hood or do not require any option to be selected from the frontend, will work fine. Like the “WooCommerce Points and Rewards” plugin just needs to be configured once from the backend and does not require anything to be configured from the frontend. It just shows earned points and rewards in the customers my-account page in the frontend; that works fine with Dokan.
But the “WooCommerce Auction” plugin requires a custom product type to be selected from the frontend and other custom fields to be populated with data. So that does not work on its own. You will need to customize Dokan to be able to work with that.
I believe I made my points clear. Let me know if you need any more details.
Thank you 🙂
The topic ‘Cash on Delivery and a few other questions’ is closed to new replies.