Date field should be under Post Fields too not just under custom field.
What does date custom field do on core plug-in features? It does not even being used in Dashboard. (No matter what date you have choose, it always listed posts by published date not the date from custom field)
It's good to have it as extra but it needs to have field for the Date field that will actually changes published date on posts. (like the one from previous version).
1. Create a form with date field.
2. Submit post from front-end. (Select different day to see the bug)
3. Go to Back-end, find a post you just submitted.
4. Show custom field for date on that post and change it to other date.
5. submit the update on back-end.
6. Notice Date custom field from back-end actually updates publish date on the post? (where the Date filed on front-end form does not)
I am clearing you about this date field. We have added this custom field for those users who are using event type post or something else which requires date for a post. Like as- When the event will launch or for product booking. We did not leave any option to get the post publish date from the custom field date. So, it is clearly not a bug.
I have replied to your another topic. By getting your topic, we realized that it can be a feature too. So, we have added this option in the custom field. From the next update, you can choose the option to get the custom field date as the post publish date.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
The topic ‘Date field should be under Post Fields’ is closed to new replies.