June 11, 2014 at 1:59 am #21733
I have just a few questions about Dokan before I purchase a license.
-Can I have a Seller Application rather than registration? I would prefer to have a form that potential Sellers would fill out (with some custom fields that I enter), as well as a Terms of Service checkbox, and I would Approve their account before they gain access.
-Are the upcoming child themes free, or must we pay to use them?
Are those two features available, and if not- is there some way to add them in, or will they be available in the near future?
Thanks for your help,
-BrandonJune 11, 2014 at 6:30 am #21740
MahiMemberPost count: 1555
– Current scenario is: Sellers do registration and get access automatically. However, they can't sell till you approve them from seller list/profile manually.
– So, i guess you can create a page/post with contact form/any other plugin and ask them to provide more information before they will be able to sell their products.
– Seller application rather than registration currently not possible.
– Child-themes will not be free, also we are inviting more developers to create child-theme or make their existing theme compatible with Dokan. However, we may release one free for tutorial purpose.
Thank you.June 11, 2014 at 8:00 am #21744
Thank you very much for your help & suggestions! I did not know that you had to approve sellers, so this certainly helps!
Just to confirm, if I want to manually enable Seller accounts, should I uncheck the “New Seller Enable Selling” option?
Thanks again!June 11, 2014 at 2:48 pm #21788
Sekander BadshaMemberPost count: 2067
Yes. If you want to manually active the sellers, you'll have to uncheck that option.June 11, 2014 at 11:47 pm #21814
As Mahi stated before, I could actually have a separate contact form that Sellers would have to fill out along with the registration before I activated the account.
Would there be any way that I could have a text box appear in the Seller registration that let's the registrant know that they will have to fill out a separate application as well? (So this text box would appear along with the registration when a user clicks the “I am a seller” option). Any bit of code I could add anywhere to make this happen?
Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to see what my options are.
-BrandonJune 12, 2014 at 12:00 am #21817
We will definitely help you to do that! After buying Dokan just create a topic regarding this. Our support team will help you. Thank you..June 12, 2014 at 9:27 am #21836
Alright, sounds good!
I should be purchasing Dokan soon, and will be creating a post regarding that issue shortly thereafter.
-BrandonJune 14, 2014 at 11:45 am #21914
Raindi AzdiMemberPost count: 1This reply has been marked as private.June 14, 2014 at 12:21 pm #21915This reply has been marked as private.June 19, 2014 at 4:11 pm #22193
jamaludheenMemberPost count: 11
I am very much impressed with your multi vendor functions. would like to know more about things before i could purchase.i am a novice to WP please bare me if i ask any dump Questions,
1. Is there any limitation on number of Downloads of the plugin. my intention is to install it in Local Host first and then once everything is settled go live with the same copy.
2.Can we extend the functionality by adding custom Posts and taxonomies.like adding new attributes for Products.or better classification with taxonomies etc. i hope its the function with woocomerce but my query is it affect dokan.
3.There is no option for searching or sorting of vendors in admin dashboard. its very difficult to find specific sellers when there are large number of sellers. please try to add it very soon.
4.i found anybody can register as a seller, but they can only sell when admin approves it.i want to know will this create name duplication or name already exists when a real seller comes to join with same name etc.
5.Product had Atributes but there was no option for selecting the attribute while checkout/selection.
6.I registered a new seller and a new new buyer, but was not able to select country in billing details for the buyer to check out. what may be the reason.
7. Loged in Seller and buyer bot where seeing the same menu. like Dashboard which are not useful for buyers, can we hide this for buyers.June 20, 2014 at 10:50 am #22223
jamaludheenMemberPost count: 11
Still waiting for your reply.June 20, 2014 at 4:47 pm #22246
We appreciate your interest in Dokan!
1. First of all its not plugin its an app theme based on WooCoomerce! No! there is no limitation for download but have limitation on license. So please don’t use your license on localhost. Just use the license on live server.
2. You can extend functionality as you want. Here is our developer documentation http://docs.wedevs.com/category/themes/dokan/developer-documentation-dokan/
3.Its already in our to do list. Hopefully we will implement it soon
4. In current system, seller will be able to select individual store url that will not be duplicate. You can test it in Dokan demo environment.
5. Please explain this problem with screenshot and where actually you found this problem?
6. Demo is open for all so someone changed the settings ! Sorry for that. I can tell you its not a problem.
7. Definitely buyers not be able to see Seller Dashboard option. I don’t know where you found this.
The topic ‘Dokan Pre-Purchase Questions’ is closed to new replies.