Home Forums Plugin Support WP Project Manager – Free Italian translation completed

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  novalore 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13286

    novalore
    Member
    Post count: 4

    Hello,
    I like your plugin and started to use it for me and some clients.
    I translated the plugin in italian ( download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m85v8w1omeamume/cpm-it_IT.po ) and produced the .mo file to use it on my installation.
    It works, but not for all strings, strangely.
    I still see many english strings both in the projects grid and in the activity tab of every project.
    Any idea of what could cause this?

    #13349

    Tareq Hasan
    Keymaster
    Post count: 2831

    Thanks for the translation. May be you could try the github version for updated strings as there might be some missing strings in the wp.org version.

    #13675

    novalore
    Member
    Post count: 4

    I updated the .po file using the .pot in your github repository ( https://github.com/tareq1988/wp-project-manager/blob/master/languages/cpm.pot ) and regenerated .mo, but nothing changes.
    To investigate the issue I looked at code in activity.php and corresponding strings are indeed translated in my .po file, but are not displayed in italian.

    To try and understand what the problem is I loaded other mo files and I saw that the problem is the same. Have you tried to use the plugin in a localized version?

    #13742

    novalore
    Member
    Post count: 4

    Still no idea what could cause this behaviour?
    Are you sure that every string is correctly echoed using localization functions?

    #13745

    Tareq Hasan
    Keymaster
    Post count: 2831

    If you can get the exact strings which aren't working, I might be able to locate them.

    #13756

    novalore
    Member
    Post count: 4

    All strings contained in class/activity.php are not translated, although I added them to the .po file and compiled a corresponding .mo.

    The strings included in the project dashboard on page=cpm_projects are also untranslated. (under the title of a project I still can read “1 to-do list, 2 to-dos, 2 comments, 2 files” in english).

    Hope this helps.

    #13757

    Tareq Hasan
    Keymaster
    Post count: 2831

    The activities are simply comments in the project post type. So they are already inserted in the database and you can't see them translated.

    #13776

    novalore
    Member
    Post count: 4

    You are right!
    Newer entries in activity pages are in italian.

    The issue with some strings is still there.
    Have a look at a couple of screenshots from my wp-admin:
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d323xyw8c
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/05123xz222

    (screenshots will be online for three days).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Italian translation completed’ is closed to new replies.