September 22, 2014 at 9:50 pm 27226
|Yann||Hello there, so I have bought the Dokan plugin today and I have a few questions: 1. Is it possible to modify the product submission form and add more fields to it, especially attributes (sizes, colors etc.)? I did already set up hundreds of attributes in WooCommerce, but they are not being displayed in the submission form to be selected from. I can only select categories or subcategories, not attributes. They are essential for my current project (apparel). It wasn't possible with Dokan theme, that's why I waited for the plugin. If it is not possible, I'd like to request a refund and try WP User Frontend instead. 2. I need to deactivate contact details and map in the profile. The seller shall pick a name for his shop and may upload a banner, but they have to remain anonymous until somebody buys from them. 3. How can I change the main color of the dashboard (to other than red)? 4. The shop page doesn't integrate well with my theme. There are small pictures (Dokan) within larger frames (my theme) and headlines and prices are all over the place. The shop banner is a 5mm stripe that runs across the entire site. I tried setting up a Dokan folder and store.php, but it didn't change. Am I missing something?|
September 23, 2014 at 1:49 am 27255
1. You are talking about pre-defined attributes? It was removed from the plugin by a mistake, will add that on next version. No ETA yet.
2. You have to edit the store settings, no other way around to deactivate those.
3. You can easily override the color from your theme via CSS. Dokan theme has a color skin option that overrides those as well. Planning to add more color skins in the plugin itself.
4. Every templates in the Dokan plugin is override-able. Create a folder
May be you made a mistake overriding the
September 23, 2014 at 2:36 am 27263
Thanks for your reply!
1. Yes, I mean attributes that I as admin define in the WP backend. Vendors shall select from these attributes when adding a product, so that buyers can search for them via a filter widget. Not all of the attributes should be mandatory to select from, because it’s an international marketplace, so one vendor may want to select US sizes where as the other one needs UK sizes.
2. In which file can I edit the store settings?
3. Ok, will try.
4. I’m still new to this, so I simply created a file named store.php – might have to add some text… :/ So, shall I copy the files and then replace the parameters I want changed?
5. Is it possible to have the store link direct to the store name rather than the username?
September 23, 2014 at 8:43 pm 27319
Hi again. I know you said you don’t have an ETA for the attributes, but maybe you can tell me if – based on your experience with other plugins – it’s going to be a matter of weeks or maybe 6 months? The functionality is crucial for my marketplace, so I have to make a decision if I can afford to wait for Dokan or if I have to settle for some other multivendor plugin instead.
I’d generally like to have more control from the backend over what fields should appear in the frontend and which ones should be hidden. I also want to use Paypal Adaptive Payments for instant split payments, so I think the withdraw tool doesn’t make a lot of sense then?
I was also wondering how shipping is handled with Dokan. In a perfect setup vendors would be able to define their own shipping rates (and countries they ship to). At the moment the admin has to define shipping rates in the backend, but my marketplace is very international, so shipping rates will differ a lot, depending on home country of the seller, shipping distance, (weight) and shipping service.
I also noticed a problem, which may be a bug: When I mark that vendors should not access the backend, it is impossible for them to edit or delete their items. They basically get a blank page with no content (just header, menu and footer).
September 24, 2014 at 2:46 am 27340
Hi, I just found “Per Product Shipping”, which will solve one of my biggest problems. 🙂 However, I’m unable to get the store page set up. The layout doesn’t look anything like your or my theme. Can somebody please have a look at my website and help me with this?
September 24, 2014 at 3:05 pm 27402
September 25, 2014 at 1:50 pm 27492
Hey, I paid hundreds of Dollars for a buggy plugin that isn’t working and thus useless. How about some SUPPORT (which I also paid for)!?
September 27, 2014 at 11:13 am 27606
September 27, 2014 at 2:55 pm 27612
Okay, thank you.
September 28, 2014 at 2:24 pm 27655
2. To edit the store settings, you have to override the “templates/settings.php” page.
4. Yes. You can copy paste the codes of the file or you can directly copy paste the file and edit what ever you need.
5. Please be specific about in which page you want this feature. It would be better for me to instruct if you can tell me the page link or name or screenshot or something like that.
September 28, 2014 at 3:15 pm 27658
I implemented the store and dashboard pages as subs to “bazaar”. I sent you the login credentials to my site and I think you have already signed up, so you should be able to see it. If you provide an email address, I can send you the FTP credentials.
September 28, 2014 at 3:37 pm 27662
Sorry, I was mistaken – it was me who signed you up, but I sent you the login credentials via the other form, so you should have access to my website now.
September 29, 2014 at 12:59 pm 27701
I did not understand what did you mean by “Missing Shipping form”. You can read about the features of Per Product Shipping add-on here http://wedevs.com/plugin/dokan/per-product-shipping/
Thank you 🙂
September 29, 2014 at 1:28 pm 27703
I dont think you have logged into my website. If you did, you’d clearly see that I need help setting up the plugin. Please log in and have a look.
September 29, 2014 at 1:32 pm 27706
By missing shipping form I mean that currently there is no way for vendors to choose shipping costs. It may be due to a bug or due to my failed installation. Dokan theme provides this feature, so I suppose it’s also included in the plugin, but it’s not there.
September 29, 2014 at 7:55 pm 27739
Or you can use the WooCommerce Shipping class from backend.