Hi – Bought project manager pro last wee and I really like it. Documentation could be a little more informative, but overall great job!
I wondered whether you'd considered being able to predefine then apply milestone and task templates to new projects? Many of the projects we undertake are quite complex and being able to set up a project from a template would be very powerful.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. We will try to add more resource in our documentation.
Predefined task and milestone – We do not have this feature right now. But I will keep this feature idea in my log. If we get more request like this then we will think about it to implement in near future.
I just found that it's already possible to create “empty projects” and then duplicate them.
Plus: you only have to set up the milestones, to-do lists and to-dos once Minus: you have to reset deadlines on each one
1. Set up a project called, for example, TEMPLATE: Purchase process
2. Set up your milestones in reverse order (i.e. last first), then your to-do lists and your to dos
3. Save the project
4. In the WP admin menu (back end) click on Projects to get your full listing
5. Re-open the template
6. On the right of the menu bar, click on the word Action
7. Select duplicate
8. Tada – you've got an empty project.
It's a bit clunky, but it's going to save me a load of time! Hope that's helpful.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
The topic ‘Templated projects’ is closed to new replies.