Video marketing has become an integral part of any digital marketing strategy in recent times. Top businesses are using high-quality videos to promote their products and services. As videos are capable to boost interaction, action, and usability far better than images.
33% of people prefer to learn about products by watching a video.
If pictures say 1000 words then Videos are….Priceless. Without harnessing the power of video marketing you will miss out on the chance to get more engagement on your eCommerce site.
Having said that, you will need videos for your eCommerce site to-
- Boost conversion rates and sales
- Educate your audience
- Generate great ROI
- Build brand trust
- Gives a clear message about the products
- Rank higher on search engines.
Hopefully, you have grasped the importance of video marketing for eCommerce. So without boring you with more facts and states, let us talk about how engaging videos will accelerate your online sales and revenue.
Why are Videos More Effective in eCommerce Business?
Video Marketing allows you to tell a story about your products and therefore uniquely creates engagement with your clients. You can easily demonstrate what your product is all about in a short video. That is quite impossible with an image unless you create a descriptive image which is time-consuming.
Video is one of the most versatile and profitable digital marketing tools out there. So it is no surprise that video marketing is dominating as one of the strongest content marketing strategies.
In this section, we are going to discuss how video marketing can create more engagement. Ok, let us see.
1. Skyrockets Your Conversion & Sales
Video Marketing can make you some serious money. That is not surprising at all, because vision is our most dominant sense. So if pictures can boost engagement massively think about what videos can do.
We love binge-watching because our brain process videos 60000 times faster than text.
Adding videos can boost conversion rates by 80%. That tells a lot about the importance of video marketing for eCommerce sites. So, imagine how much of a boost your sale will get if you add videos to your site.
2. Educates the Audience
You will need about an hour to write 300 words for a product. It will take 10 minutes to do it by speaking. People tend to understand much better by seeing.
Launching new products? create videos to show how it works. Almost 99% of people learn about a product by watching explainer videos. For example, you can easily create a webinar to demonstrate how to create a marketplace with Dokan.
People will take more interest rather than spending extra time reading a blog or documentation on it.
3. Increases Time on Site
An average user spends 88% more time on websites with videos. If a user spends more time on your sites, they will learn more about your products. That will make them interested in your products.
Time is valuable because a user spends about 0.05 seconds to form an opinion about you. So if you keep the user longer the chances will increase of forming a positive opinion.
4. Builds Trust with the Audience
If you can provide good quality videos ultimately it will result in building trust with your clients.
58% of people believe that company with product videos can be trusted
Videos mean that you are confident about your product. When a customer buys a product online they put their trust in the company to deliver on their words. In most cases, they only buy products by seeing pictures. And pictures often leave us dissatisfied.
However, if there is a video on the product, then the customers will know you are confident about your product and buy it without much doubt.
5. Helps Rank High on Google & Other Search Engines
If you are into marketing, then you know about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). That means if people search by your product name, then your site will come on top of the search bar.
But that will only happen if your site is Search Engine optimized. That is why video is important. You’re about 53 times more likely to show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
I don't think I need to say more about why you need video marketing.
3 Ways to Use Video Marketing for eCommerce Sites
Learning how video can help you create more engagement, you should now focus on how to incorporate videos into your eCommerce marketing strategy.
Here are a few ways you can use video marketing for eCommerce-
- Post Videos on Social Media Platforms: As an eCommerce business, you must use social media to spread your brand name and use them for promotions. And one of the best ways to do that is by adding videos. Videos can users' attention with more ease and you can use them to educate your users.
- Use Videos for Retargeting ads: Videos are a great way to connect with your audience and build a community. Combined with static image ads and served at the right moment, video ads can generate huge ROAS.
- Embed Videos on Your eCommerce Website: You can embed videos on your homepage, product pages, and FAQ pages. Having videos on your website will improve the time on site and will also improve the customer experience.
These are the ways you can use eCommerce video marketing.
4 Tips to Create Engaging Videos for Your Products (With Tools)
Well, we talked about how video can create more engagement. But that doesn't mean any kind of video will do the trick. You need to use some proven tricks so that the videos you create are attracting interest from visitors. Here are some tips you can follow.
1. Make Your Video Short & Entertaining
Time is very important nowadays. People have lots of things to do in a very short time. So, if your video is long and stretched out then they will lose interest pretty quickly.
Your video must be short, explanatory however in the meantime interesting.
If you can crack this combination then your videos must create engagement.
2. Show a Clear Objective
You need to have a clear goal in mind if you want to produce meaningful and interesting videos. With clear goals set, it becomes easy to design and direct videos. And if the design and direction are clear then the video will be smooth and will be interesting for the viewers.
3. Try Including Voice & Texts
A video without words or voice is just pictures in motion without any meaning
That is why try to include voices that will take the user through the process quite smoothly. If you can not include voices make sure you include meaningful texts that will give the user guidance as to what is happening in the video.
In the case of words or texts try to use animations so that the words do not make the video boring.
4. Invest In Quality
Suppose you have spent 3 hours making a video, but at the end of the day, it has poor quality. Users will become irritated once they see the poor quality of the videos. Eventually driving them away.
So don't back down from investing in quality. Try to use efficient and premium tools that will create great videos with crystal clear resolution.
You can use tools like,
- Movie Maker
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Premiere Elements and more.
Note: When you are creating videos you should keep in mind that these types of videos will gain more engagement.
- Product Close-Up videos
- Installing videos
- Troubleshooting videos
- How To Use It Tutorial videos.
Bonus: Top Brands Using eCommerce Video Marketing
If you are looking for inspiration, then you can check out the top eCommerce brands that are leveraging videos as part of their marketing strategy:
- Amazon: Amazon uses video to showcase product features and benefits, as well as to highlight customer testimonials and product demonstrations.
- Zappos: Their videos focus on providing an in-depth look at their products, including how they fit and feel, to help customers make informed purchasing decisions.
- ASOS: ASOS uses video to showcase its fashion products in action, highlighting how they can be styled and worn in different ways.
- Warby Parker: Warby Parker's videos showcase their unique brand personality, while also providing helpful tips and advice for choosing and wearing glasses.
- Sephora: Sephora's video campaigns focus on tutorials and product demos, showcasing how to achieve different makeup looks using their products.
- Etsy: Etsy uses video to showcase its handmade and unique products, as well as to highlight the stories behind the artisans who create them.
- Wayfair: Wayfair's videos showcase their home decor products in different settings, inspiring how to style and decorate a space.
- Blue Apron: Blue Apron's videos showcase their meal kits and provide step-by-step instructions on how to prepare them, making cooking at home more accessible and enjoyable.
- Birchbox: Birchbox uses video to showcase the products in their subscription boxes, as well as to provide tutorials and tips for using them.
- Glossier: Glossier's videos showcase their minimalist and natural beauty products in action, highlighting their ease of use and effectiveness.
Leverage Video Marketing for eCommerce the Right Way
Video Marketing has already become one of the most talked about marketing strategies. An interactive video gives users a better understanding of how the product works.
If we talk about some video marketing stats, Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs. Which is a lot. 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video. These are only a handful of examples.
So, Video Marketing for eCommerce sites is very much encouraged. Create more videos to get more traffic on your sites.