2 features for pro version needed

This topic contains 10 reply and 3 voices, and was last updated by Nayem 8 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 10 Posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Posts
June 30, 2015 at 5:19 am 53652
Nayem Hello, we paid for the pro version but our support has lapsed so I am putting this here. #1 - Minimum image upload size. We are finding that users are uploading low resolution pics to our site as part of their posts, and we then need to moderate them. It would be a big help if we could sit the minimum size to disallow the upload in the first place! #2 - The newer versions have introduced a feature where previously restricted access to /wp-admin, also restricts the view of the admin bar. We still require that Contributors have access to the admin bar even when they don't have access to /wp-admin. I believe this changed at version 2.3 and beyond.
June 30, 2015 at 2:07 pm 53721
towhid towhid

Hello Symbiote,

#1 You avail this kind of feature you need to customize the plugin. If you need this feature urgent you can hire a developer or you can do the customization on your own if you know how to programming.

#2 Set Admin area access = “Admins, Editors, Authors, Contributors”. Those user roles can access to WordPress admin area. The contributor is also into that roles.

Thanks

July 1, 2015 at 3:47 pm 53917
symbiote symbiote

Thanks for your reply. I will look into #1

I don’t know if you’re understanding my question for #2. I don’t want Contributors to have access to WP Admin, but I DO want them to have access to the admin bar. When I disallow them access to WP Admin, they lose the admin bar as well. This changed after v2.3

PS Out of curiosity what is your hourly rate for developers?

July 2, 2015 at 3:56 pm 54063
towhid towhid

Hello Symbiote,

I am really sorry to say that we do not have this kind of feature right now. To get this feature you can hire a developer to customize the plugin.

Thanks

July 15, 2015 at 11:01 am 55831
symbiote symbiote

I am still waiting for a response to my query about a developer. I left my e-mail and all.

July 15, 2015 at 11:02 am 55832
symbiote symbiote

Another thing that isn’t working – WPUF_LOCK. When it is set for a certain user they can still post.

July 15, 2015 at 1:20 pm 55844
Nayem Nayem

Hello,

Please update to the latest version of Wp user frontend pro which is v2.3.6.

Thanks.

July 16, 2015 at 8:41 am 55958
symbiote symbiote This reply has been marked as private.
July 16, 2015 at 12:59 pm 55987
Nayem Nayem

Hello,

You can use these code-

function add_admin_caps() {
    $role = get_role( '###');
    $role->add_cap('delete_artists');
    $role->add_cap('delete_published_artists');
    $role->add_cap('delete_others_artists');
    $role->add_cap('edit_artists');
    $role->add_cap('edit_published_artists');
    $role->add_cap('edit_others_artists');
    $role->add_cap('publish_artists');
    $role->add_cap('read');
    $role->add_cap('upload_files');
    $role->add_cap('manage_artist_categories');
}
add_action( 'admin_init', 'add_admin_caps');

*** Please replace ### with the role you want to add access of administrator. 🙂

July 16, 2015 at 1:56 pm 56007
symbiote symbiote

Hi Nayem, is that so that I can allow Contributors view of the admin bar but not access to wp-admin?

July 16, 2015 at 5:24 pm 56021
Nayem Nayem

To show only the admin bar you can follow this link- https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/show_admin_bar.

Thanks.

Viewing 10 Posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)