August 18, 2013 at 2:42 am #7086
I have a found a few issues while setting up my User Frontend Pro.
1. Edit page – I have gone through the documentation for this process, placing [wpuf_edit] on it's own page. When going to that page however, I get the following error –
I don't know how to edit this post, I don't have the form ID
Should the user also have a link on their user dashboard for an option to edit? I see the option to delete, but not to edit.
2. Author Info – I am having one technical issue and one feature issue. In the registration form I set up, I have a place for an author bio. I see that this bio can be viewed on the front end. The technical issue I am having is if too much information is placed in the form, everything is jumbled up. I will attach a screenshot for an example:
The feature issue relates to editing the author info. I might have missed a setting somewhere but is it possible to allow the author to edit this information on their dashboard?
3. Require email – When a user registers, is it possible to require an email check before they are approved? For example, “check your email for a link to confirm your account.”
MichaelAugust 18, 2013 at 2:52 am #7088This reply has been marked as private.August 18, 2013 at 4:56 am #7095
I found a solution for #1 in the documentation but it's not fixing my problem. The form used to create a post from the front end is assigned to both the post and the page with [wpuf_edit]. I still get the error and I am unable to edit the posts.
Here were my steps to try to resolve #1.
1. Ensure that the correct form was selected on page with [wpuf_edit].
2. Ensure that the correct form was selected on the post.
3. Ensure that page with [wpuf_edit] was selected in the general settings.
4. Dashboard settings are set to “Yes” for “Users can edit posts.” (Though I should note again that there is not option in the dashboard for a user to edit their post. I must create a separate menu item for this.)
I believe I have all bases covered for #1.
I still cannot find a solution for 2 or 3.August 18, 2013 at 6:52 am #7099
MahiMemberPost count: 1555
Hello @michael –
1. You got the wrong idea. You have to create an edit page and select this page from backend edit settings option, so users can edit their posts. You DO NOT have to show this page at front-end or go directly this page to edit posts
2. I think, your theme was overwriting and, when you created registration form there are two shorcodes there. One for registration another one for profile edit.
So, you have to create 2 pages and setup accordingly. I created 2 pages check that out.
3. Sorry, its not build-in to WPUF. You have to use 3rd party plugin.
I will recommend you to use – http://wordpress.org/plugins/register-plus-redux/ for registration . But, be careful it offers few additional features which may conflict with WPUF. So, use only what you required.
4. Edit button visible at new dashboard page i created.August 18, 2013 at 7:02 am #7100
Thank you so very much. Steller customer support as always.
My next step is to write a testimonial for you.
MichaelAugust 18, 2013 at 7:13 am #7102
Upon one final check, everything looks wonderful. The only remaining issue is how the author info is displayed. It's all scrunched up and the background looks bad. Any idea why this would be?
Below is that image again for your reveiw.August 18, 2013 at 7:20 am #7103This reply has been marked as private.August 18, 2013 at 8:04 am #7104
MahiMemberPost count: 1555
Its a css issue.
Go to – wp-content/plugins/wp-user-frontend-pro/css/frontend-forms.css
just change – height:90px; to height:100%;
Thanks,August 18, 2013 at 8:28 am #7105
The topic ‘A few issues – Edit page, author info and email required’ is closed to new replies.