June 29, 2014 at 7:21 am #22564
Hey There, Switched from the IgniteWoo Vendor plugin and loving everything so far! I am trying to compile the majority of my questions/issues into one email.
Here they are:
When user signs up as seller it redirects them to the standard user/customer page… is there a way to redirect them to the Dashboard and show a custom message directed at sellers at the top?
I also want to hide all of the social fields, phone, address, etc from the seller registration as well as their profile. Can you point me in the right direction there?
It says the seller will receive an email when an order is created? I'm assuming this also has the customers identifiable information in it. Can you tell me where to make these edits to that email?
We want to remove customer email, phone, address (any identifiable information other than their name) from the orders section as well. Can you point me to the correct files and how to do this?
I previously had “Vendor” from IgniteWoo installed and am wondering if all these user types “Vendor, Pending Vendor & Store Manager” are from that plugin? Please let me know so I can remove the ones that are not essential.
Also, on mobile (Android, Note 3) the sidebar in the dashboard (Orders, coupons, reports, etc.) stays super long and makes it so people on mobile have to scroll down… and down… and down to get to the content. Basically very few people would ever find anything below it. It did work on the Reviews & Withdraw menu items though.
I also posted some issues related to WPFUP here http://wedevs.com/support/topic/a-few-issues-and-a-few-questions/#post-22563 , but some of them relate to Dokan as well. Here is the main one.
I am using WPFUP to submit digital products (because it will hopefully be more user friendly), but when you go to the Dokan product page and try to edit a product I was getting the following message – “I don't know how to edit this post, I don't have the form ID”. Now I've installed the WooCommerce Wishlist plugin and now when you click edit on a product it takes you to the wishlist screen? Crazy!
We've already designed the theme for the site so, is the best way to do this to create a child theme or just override the current template?
Thank you for your help!
KevinJune 29, 2014 at 7:22 am #22565This reply has been marked as private.June 30, 2014 at 2:37 pm #22608
Sekander BadshaMemberPost count: 2067
Okay. I’m going to reply you point by point.
- Remove All Social Info, Phone, Address: To do that, you’ll have to go ‘wp-content\themes\dokan\classes\admin-user-profile.php’ and comment out from line no 84 to 131.
- Edit the mail template: the mail which is sent on order creation is done by WooCommerce, to customize the template, you may see their official documentation here: http://docs.woothemes.com/document/email-faq/
- Remove User Roles: firstly, you need to shift the users to another role, so that they won’t lose their permissions on your site. And then you can use WordPress’s remove_role() function. You can read more about this function here http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/remove_role
To use this function, you can make a child theme. Use this function in the functions.php. Activate the theme once and deactivating it should work.
- Mobile Menu: Notified the team. Should get fixed in next update. (We try our best to update once in month. Son don’t worry)
- Product Edit Issue: this is happening because WP User Front End Pro is not getting the form ID. And to fix that, I’ve mentioned the documentation link on your other post.
Hope this helps. And don't hesitate to comeback and post again.July 3, 2014 at 2:55 am #22817
1. Commenting out those lines makes sense, but doing so does not remove the options from the dashboard settings page.July 3, 2014 at 1:06 pm #22853
SkModeratorPost count: 371
Please navigate to
dokan/classes/template-settings.phpand comment out line
245 to 294.
Thank you.July 8, 2014 at 11:32 pm #23200
1. Hiding fields in the Dashboard Orders Page: In that same vein, what file do I need to edit to remove this personal info from this page (Dashboard Orders Page) — specifically, I need to remove the fields highlighted here:
I figured it would be a file like template-orders.php but that does not exist.
2. Direct to Dashboard on Login
- When user signs up as seller it redirects them to the standard user/customer page… is there a way to redirect them to the Dashboard
- And if so, can we customize that initial dashboard landing page with a message?
Thank you very much for your help on these issues!July 10, 2014 at 4:40 pm #23293
Sekander BadshaMemberPost count: 2067
1. Please navigate to
dokan/templaes/orders/order-details.phpcomment out line
2. Open theme-functions.php which is located at “wp-content\themes\dokan\includes\” go to line 94 and you'll see something like
wp_redirect( dokan_get_page_url( 'myaccount', 'woocommerce' ) );replace my account by
The topic ‘A few questions/issues w/ Dokan…’ is closed to new replies.