July 3, 2013 at 4:23 am #5516
Hello and thanks in advanced for your help
I used the plugin duplicator to clone my site for testings and other changes. I have bought the premium plugin with 5 website licences. Since i cloned the site, i loosed some information on the original one (things like notifications messages for example) and now i cant change anything on my original site.
Just for example, i have a form that i would like to change the notification mail and the Update Post Button text and when i click “update” nothing changes. the plugin does not allow me to do any changes on my original website.
How can i fix that? its very urgent!
Thank you very much for your help and support
My purchase order is #3237
RSJuly 3, 2013 at 4:27 am #5517
I forgot to say that in the duplicated site i can make all the changes without any problem, so i think it has to do with licence keys (i have licence for 5 websites).
Another thing related with this plugin and related to this post:
It gives an error when i try to update my .pot file
Maybe related to the same problem?
Best regards and thank you for your help
RSJuly 3, 2013 at 8:23 am #5521
I used the plugin duplicator to clone my site for testings and other changes.
Is that a plugin you used to clone your site? If thats the issue, I am not sure why you are posting it here. Should you not ask for duplicator support?
It's not about license key, license key doesn't block any functionality of the plugin in any way. You just get the error notification on the admin panel, nothing more than that.
If you can't change any settings in the original site and lost some data, it might be some database issue caused by the duplicator plugin.
About the translation issue, what I said to should work without any problem. If you have the error still, download WPUF again and it has the translation in it's pot file.July 3, 2013 at 8:56 am #5522
Hello and thank you very much for your help
The plugin just don´t work anymore…
Is there any way i can reinstall the plugin without loosing all the forms i´ve created so far?
Thanks for your help
RSJuly 3, 2013 at 9:12 am #5523
I am not sure what kind of problem you are facing. You can post the login details so I could find any possible issue.July 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm #5526
Thank you for your help and support.
I´ve just installed a backup from my site in order to keep working with it and everything is working again.
But just for others i will report the problem:
I´ve just cloned my site using duplicator plugin. After that WPUF stopped working properly and it was impossible to make changes in the forms (simple changes like changing the notification e-mail).
In the clone site however, everything was working ok.
As Tarek said, probably is a database conflict with the plugin duplicator and probably has nothing to do with WPUF.
Many thanks for your help, attention and time regarding this issue.
RSJuly 3, 2013 at 2:05 pm #5534July 3, 2013 at 2:15 pm #5535July 3, 2013 at 5:09 pm #5553
I tried to update, but couldn't. The big form isn't the problem, cause the settings and form items are stored separately.July 3, 2013 at 5:52 pm #5556
Thanks for your help
Do you have any idea why this is happening?
RSJuly 3, 2013 at 6:08 pm #5557
Sorry, I've no idea.July 4, 2013 at 4:58 am #5568
Were does WPUF writes its settings?July 5, 2013 at 4:55 pm #5623
hello and sorry for the inconvenience of insisting on this problem.
I´ve started to create a new site from zero in order to solve this problem and it returned again.
It´s impossible to change the notification mail on form.
In my new site i disabled all the plugins to see if there was a conflict.
Even stranger is that i´ve created a form that does not let me change the notification mail and then i´v created another one exactly the same but without form fields.
In the form without fields i can change the notification mail. In the other one with fields i can´t. Its completely locked.
Thank you very much for your support on this issue.
I´m stuck on this
RSJuly 5, 2013 at 5:12 pm #5624July 7, 2013 at 10:50 am #5639
I guess the problem solved. I was able to update the form.
The problem seems to me is the Edit Lock feature from WordPress. It uses a meta key
_edit_lockto lock a post from edited by different user at the same time. I think the previous site had a user and this form was locked to that user. I've just deleted that meta field and seems like it solved the problem.
The topic ‘Cant change the plugin content after duplicate site – urgente!’ is closed to new replies.