November 1, 2014 at 12:48 pm #29542
Hi, I installed Dokan on a fresh WordPress/WooCommerce site and run into several issues which I can't seem to solve. I spent a lot of time to go through the documentation but can find the solutions. Please assist.
1. I have added my email and Dokan license code and clicked saved in Dokan Updates. However I see in the WordPress dashboard the following: Dokan Error: Pleae activate your copy
2.When I create a user in WordPress and give him the role Shop manager, how can he/she login? Must this be done through /wp-admin? Is there a login page?
3. I want to send emails to people to invite them as Sellers. I want to include a link to a registration page where they can register for an seller account. How can a new seller register himself?
4. I created the Dokan page at the Dokan Tools page. It seems that I have now two dashboard pages: http://sitename.com/dashboard and http://sitename.com/dashboard-2. Why is this? The layout of the first one is bad, the second one looks ok
5. I have created one user with the role Shop Manager and selling is enabled, I can add products from the store. However the page /store-listing does not display stores and says ‘No seller found!’
6. When, as logged on as seller, I click Products in my dashboard I see the products list. When I hoover on the product I can edit, permanently delete of view the product. When I click Edit I get a page not found. However when I select view, I go to the correct page. The link to a sample product is http://sitename.com/product/woo-single-2/edit
7. When I click on Settings in the Store Dashboard, I can click Visit Store, the page where I go to is not formatted.
8. When I click on reviews in the dashboard I see reviews, however the images from the reviewers are blown up, very large and not sharp. How can I change this?
It seems only small issues and I hope you can help me with this. Let me know when you need access as admin to my site.
JosNovember 1, 2014 at 1:44 pm #29543
B.T.W. I'm not using the theme, onlye the Vendor Dashboard part.November 4, 2014 at 1:37 am #29667
Can someone from support help me these issues? I'm waiting almost 3 days now without being able to do something…..
-JosNovember 4, 2014 at 5:54 am #29675
MahiMemberPost count: 135
Sorry for inconvenience Jos. Please provide your site login details here. Our support team will go through it.November 4, 2014 at 12:54 pm #29682
Thanks, I have just sent you the login details.
-JosNovember 6, 2014 at 5:30 pm #29843
Another two days have gone by. I'waiting now since SATURDAY for any support with my installation. I just can't believe this level of support.November 7, 2014 at 7:03 am #29893
MahiMemberPost count: 135
Sorry for super late reply. I just checked and seems like your username and password doesn't work. I replied on your email. Can you please re-check?November 7, 2014 at 1:40 pm #29922
Yes, that's correct. I have locked the account as you did not use it. You can now try again.November 11, 2014 at 5:31 pm #30210
I have logged into your site successfully. Please allow me couple of hours to check.
I will let you know here when I am done.
Thank you for having patience. 🙂November 11, 2014 at 8:08 pm #30220
BrendaParticipantPost count: 170
@jos I have been curious about the problems other users have — wondering if I would have the same issues once I get to doing whatever the other Dokan user is doing. So I went through your issues.
notes on your issues by issue number-
1. Must admit, don't have any ideas on this since mine was registered w/o a
2. put a link to the my-account page on your home page and he can log in
there. The My Account page is it.
3. Dokan uses this [woocommerce_my_account] shortcode which takes you to a standard login/register page. You could place this code in any page. If you take a look at your pages, you'll see the my-account page which you could link to. If you do not wish to have a login or register page show up, you'd probably have to set up your own page or use a registration plugin that better met the needs of being
registration only rather than login or registration as the my-account page
4. The two pages thing is irritating isn't it? It is because each time you
use the tools to create the Dokan specific pages, it doesn't get rid of
the pages that were already there. If you turn off the plugin and turn it
back on, you'll have this happen, I believe. At one point I had 6
dashboards before I finally figured it out. Weird glitch of Dokan.
5. Right now, that store-listing page will display stores of users that are “sellers” only
but not users that are other roles (admin, shop manager) as well as seller. If you hand type in yourstore.com/store/sellername/ you'll see the seller info including products.
Also if you go to the “shop” page, you'll see all products from all enabled sellers including shop managers or users you've enabled as admin.
**This issue needs a fix from the WeDevs team or an explanation of why it cannot be fixed.
6. I don't get the error on this–I think it has to do with your own particular installation of Dokan. Strange. They'd probably have to log into your site and look at it–and I see that they are probably doing that right now.
7. I think that's an issue everyone has been having on the individual seller/store page with Dokan as a plugin (vs when it was a theme) and they seem to have addressed some of it recently. I don't get the errors because
I went in and manually added stuff to my own theme in a child theme to deal with lack the theme using the Dokan-called sidebar, etc.
8. This also sounds like the Dokan plugin calls/css/whatever is not getting picked up in your theme.
Overall, I think the conflict between your theme and the plugin (or between Dokan and another plugin you're using) is causing your formatting problems.
I hope the WeDevs team can link to one of the other topics where they talk about the solution to the Dokan plugin conflict with themes.
-BNovember 11, 2014 at 8:48 pm #30225
1. This issue is fixed.
2. The login page is
yoursite/mijn-account/according to your my account page title.
3. You can give the above link, as it contains both the login and register form.
4. I could only find only one Dashboard page and its URL is /dashboard/. It was conflicting with a plugin of yours. I have deactivated that.
5. We are querying the users whose user role is seller. Other roles will not be visible.
6. Your woocommerce permalink base was not set to /products/, that is why the issue was happening. I have fixed that. You can now edit products.
7. This is a common issue with the theme. You can follow this doc to solve http://docs.wedevs.com/how-to-fix-the-broken-store-page-of-dokan/
8. This could be a issue with your theme. Please check the css and modify that according to your needs.
Thank you 🙂
And Thank you too @Brenda for contributing your time 😀November 12, 2014 at 3:54 am #30248
thanks for your feedback. wished you've done this a week ago.
Anyway, regarding 4, which plugin(s) did you deactivate?
I will look at the other solutions and changes in more detail soon and will let you know if I have questions left.
@Brenda, thanks for thinking with me 🙂 I will send you an email later.
Jos.November 18, 2014 at 12:37 pm #30675
I forgot the name as I have to look after hundreds of sites everyday. Perhaps @Brenda might tell you the name.
The topic ‘Dokan installation questions’ is closed to new replies.