August 16, 2015 at 10:17 am #67224
I read on another post that Sellers don't have the option to use “pick up in store” as a shipping option, but admin's can…
1. How do we do this? Is this something we have to do for every seller's product that wishes to be done this way? It's not in any documentation that I can find.
2. We need this as a feature. The marketplace I'm starting is locally based and it doesn't make sense for local stores to ship to people who live a few miles away.August 16, 2015 at 4:16 pm #67293
Right now we do not have such kind of feature. Pick up in a store is not available. Can you please share your idea with us about this feature?. Then I will notify to our developer team about this.
Thanks.August 16, 2015 at 4:25 pm #67296
linbinMemberPost count: 64
I would love the have this function for my website as well.August 16, 2015 at 4:37 pm #67303
Please share your idea about this feature. Then it will be easy to describe to our team.
Thanks.August 16, 2015 at 7:05 pm #67340
NurulMemberPost count: 105
hi nayem, i hope you do not mind me providing some input on this. I am looking for a similar feature. I was thinking:
1. seller has option to select physical store on dashboard.
2. seller can add – “collect from store” as delivery option (this is just pick-up delivery option).
3. Once purchased user gets store details in email (pulled from the physical store details entered by seller)
This would be great feature to haveAugust 16, 2015 at 7:09 pm #67342
Thank you for sharing your idea. I will keep those ideas in my log.
Thanks.August 17, 2015 at 12:04 am #67378
I suppose there would be a couple of ways to do this.
1. Woo commerce has this function and since Dokan is built on WC, figure out how to use WC shipping features.
2. BigCommerce has this feature as well, though it's a bit complicated. Here's the “how to” for theirs: https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/How-do-I-make-a-Local-Pick-Up-or-In-Store-Pick-Up-shipping-method
3. You already have a feature for downloadable products that shuts down shipping costs. Would it be difficult to add a “buy local” feature that you check a box and it adds a $0 “Pick up in store” option with $0 shipping?
I'm really liking Dokan so far, but with “Buy Local” such a big thing in the U.S. it would seem this is a pretty big hole in functionality. I can't go to local retailers and say “Hey, you should use this product, but everyone near you will have to pay shipping costs.” For local business, getting people in the store is a huge selling point for online sales. Once they're in the store they might buy more. The E-Commerce experience should be just another tool in their marketing arsenal.August 17, 2015 at 3:18 am #67413
JoonasMemberPost count: 18
I also would like to see this feature, please make this happen 🙂August 17, 2015 at 1:44 pm #67572
I think it's something that people have been asking for if you go back through past forum posts. I get that the developers are working on A LOT right now. This is a great product and I look forward to pitching it to people when it's ready to launch. The “pick up in store” option is just something I need before I can fully launch it as more than a site for local bands.
I surveyed a lot of the local business owners and this was the number one thing they asked for. If there's a “requested features” post I'll also put it in there.August 17, 2015 at 2:34 pm #67587
Right now you can use WooCommerce local delivery shipping method. So if you want to use that then you can. But if you want that seller will select the shipping method as local pickup for their product or store then it is not possible, you already know that. We do not have plan but if we get more request on this then we will think about it.
Thanks.August 22, 2015 at 12:22 am #68438
We also request that Dokan build in compatability with WooCommerce's Local Pick-Up/Delivery options. We need Sellers to be able to sell products for Local Pick-Up. Right now, the only option they have is to disable shipping which shows as “Free Shipping.”
Thanks.August 22, 2015 at 3:17 pm #68583
You can use local pick-up of WooCommerce. Admin have to enable that shipping option then customer will be able to select local pick-up as their shipping method.
Thanks.August 22, 2015 at 11:13 pm #68650
If the admin enables Local Pick-Up, it shows as a checkout option for all Sellers, for all orders. It should only show for Sellers who do not have Dokan Shipping Enabled or for Orders with Products that are marked as “Does not require shipping.”
Currently, we have Local Pick-Up enabled and if a Seller disables shipping on a product, at checkout the customer sees two options: Seller Shipping (free) and Local Pick-Up.
If a seller disables shipping on a product, and all products in the cart are Local Pick-Up, then “Seller Shipping (free)” should not display as it will make the customer think they have a free shipping option.
Also, if Seller Shipping is enabled, then Local Pick-Up should not show.
We wrote a function that hooks into woocommerce that works for us for now but it would be nice to see Local Pick-up on a Seller Level as a feature in Dokan.August 22, 2015 at 11:36 pm #68652
Carlos! I'm running into that same issue. It shouldn't be an “all or nothing” deal. I have local sellers that want to ship product, but also want the ability to have locals pick up in store. I can't really launch until I have it.
Any way you can share that function?August 23, 2015 at 1:36 am #68662
The topic ‘Pick Up In Store’ is closed to new replies.