June 2, 2013 at 1:33 am 4416
|paperweight||I have 2 problems with file upload displays:
1) I am trying to show the file upload links on the Post page. I followed the instructions and added "file_uploads" to the code here, but it still does not show on my Post pages. Any idea why?
2) Also, I would like to have a small icon of a PDF or DOC next to each download link so the user knows if it is a PDF or DOC file. Is there a way to check the filetype and output a different pdf.jpeg or doc.jpeg?
June 2, 2013 at 11:15 am 4429
1. Check if you are getting the posts ID by using
2. As attachment ID’s are stored for each upload and you get the attachment ID in that
June 2, 2013 at 3:21 pm 4432
1) I also have images uploaded for a Post, and that code above works fine when using the correct mey_key_name for the image field. However for the file uploads they are not showing. When you say I should use
2) Ah, great thanks~
June 2, 2013 at 5:36 pm 4435
June 2, 2013 at 7:07 pm 4441
Ok, I got it working 50%. I changed the code to the following:
Most importantly, I changed the
However, the “My link text” does not display. Instead, it says “Missing Attachment” and then a link to the correct attachment.
So, it is now correctly pointing to the correct attachment, but the linked text is incorrect. Any idea why it is saying “Missing Attachment”?
June 2, 2013 at 7:26 pm 4442
I am not sure, but the quote around
June 2, 2013 at 11:33 pm 4451
Yes, I removed and added the quotes around that a few times with other changes too but the Missing Attachment text always shows.
WordPress says here http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_attachment_link that the Missing Attachment will display if an attachment can’t be found…. but I do have an attachment and that Missing Attachment text accurately links to that file. Very weird and I’m unclear how to fix this…
June 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm 4473
So it’s actually displaying the image, but it’s showing the missing attachment text? Are you sure
June 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm 4478
I have found a 75% solution and still working on it. I will post to this thread as soon as I get closer to 100% 😉
June 4, 2013 at 12:47 am 4524
ok so here is the code I am using now. It is about 85% to where I need it to be, but I can;t figure out anymore:
The array(32,32) seems useless so far and I can’t get it to display an icon to display a PDF image if the attachment is a PDF or a doc image if attachment is doc, etc. But the good news is it does display correctly the text “DOWNLOAD FILE” with the correct link to the attached file 🙂
I have a feeling some of my code above is useless, but it sort of works so far~