July 19, 2013 at 6:22 pm #6130
I purchased the WPUF Pro developer two days ago after chatting with your support team to make sure it met my client's needs, and by our chat it sounded like it was the perfect match. I installed and started configuring and can't understand exactly if I'm doing something wrong or if the plugin will NOT meet what we need. Can you please help me?
The site I’m developing is for the company I work for (Whirlpool Corporation) and it will be visible for employees only – under our firewall. To get to the site, employees will need to use their username/password to sign in the private Whirlpool system and view the site. We are making every employee “role” as Subscribers, so they can view the sign. If user Subscriber wants to contribute to the site, they will need to upgrade user status to “Author” (with capabilities to upload posts) by filling out the form and agreeing to the terms.
I'm trying to accomplish all of that with WPUF Pro but I'm having issues.
1. I created a subscription package. When I click on Buy Now it says “No payment gateway found”. How do I configure that? They shouldn't have to pay anything, that's why I configured to $0.
2. Then I thought I should create a registration form, but what's the different between a subscription package and a registration form? I saw that the registration form settings let's you pick the New User Role, so I chose “Author” because employees should “update” their roles from Subscriber to Author to be able to contribute to the site. When I put the registration code to the page it says “You are already logged in”. Well, I'm logged in as a Subscriber and the form is configured to update users to author right? So what's the issue? Also, how can I get to the registration form without being logging in?
3. All that done, I have created a form so users can post on the front end and submit posts without going to the backend. How is this form only going to let Authors post?
4. I'll need to change the css colors because it doesn't match with my theme. Will you say the best way to do that is by going to the Editor tab?
I really appreciate your help and look forward to your instructions. I'm lost and confused and I have a deadline to meet this coming week. Can you please help me? thank you, MarianeJuly 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm #6131
MahiMemberPost count: 1555
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. According to previous conversation here You should get all above answers.
However, here i am going through again –
1. Active manual/Bank transfer gateway with instruction. As, you dont want to charge your employees – currently this is the best way till next major release come out where this step will be skipped (as @tareq mentioned).
2. User role has nothing to do here. Thats why WPUF plugin comes out isn't it ? It doesn't matter User is Subscriber or Author – by using WPUF they can always submit post from frontend.
3. I dont think this is necessary for your project when you active Subscription post ONLY, but check this post here for solution.
4. take WPUF classes and add on your theme's style.css file.
Let us know if you have any further question.July 23, 2013 at 2:06 am #6217
Hi staff, please bare with me. I don't really understand your answers above (#1, #2, and #3). It seems like we are talking about different things. Is it possible we have a BRIEF chat over the phone? I imagine this is not usual to ask but I'd appreciate extra help, if possible. I can give you my office number – It'd only take 5 minutes.July 23, 2013 at 2:37 am #6219
MahiMemberPost count: 1555
Better to talk over Skype. Here is my ID – mahi.wedevsJuly 24, 2013 at 1:01 am #6264
When I go to the Registration form, under settings, what does “New User Role” mean? What am I suppose to choose there? I'm getting an issue saying “You are already logged in!”July 24, 2013 at 2:40 am #6266
Tareq HasanKeymasterPost count: 2831
You can't see the registration form while you are logged in.
“New User Role” means what will be the registered user role? Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor or Administrator?
The topic ‘Questions after purchased WPUF Pro developer!’ is closed to new replies.