June 21, 2014 at 12:12 am #22259
I have a questions regarding making various customizations to Dokan.
1. First off, I have a question regarding the “Color Skin” option. Right now, I have the “Green” option selected, but my official website/business color is actually “#81d742”. Is there any way I can change the color skin to that color?
2. Next, I seem to be missing the “Settings” page apart of my “Seller Dashboard”. Every other page seems to have been installed properly, except for the “Settings” page- is there any quick fix to this?
3. I also am having an issue with my Dokan add-ons. Whenever I go to the Dokan > Add-ons section, I get the error “Error fetching add-ons. Please reload the page again!”. I have reloaded, as well as logged out and re-logged in multiple times, but have still be unable to access the page. I would like to install the “Ajax Live Search” and “Per Product Shipping” add-ons that I had purchased.
4. I also cannot seem to find my registration. Upon clicking “Sign up”, or accessing the page, the user can see the login form, but no registration form.
5. Underneath the footer, all of my pages are listed out in a long, bulleted list- how do I remove this?
6. The final thing I would like to inquire about is requiring additional information to be filled out for a Seller to begin selling on my website. I had previously asked about this in the “Pre-purchase Questions” section, the thread is: http://wedevs.com/support/topic/dokan-pre-purchase-questions-2/. To overview the thread, though, I would either like to either customize the Seller registration to include additional fields/options. But, if that is not possible, I would like to include a little note at the bottom of the registration when the user selects the ‘I am a Seller” option, that tells the user that they will need to fill out an additional form, as well as a link to that form. (I have already disabled the “New Seller Enable Selling” option, so that I have to manually enable Seller accounts.)
Sorry for so many questions, just trying to figure everything out!
-BrandonJune 22, 2014 at 2:50 pm #22294
Sekander BadshaMemberPost count: 2067
1. You'll find a file named
wp-content/themes/dokan/assets/css/skins/. You can customize the colors there. Or you better make a child theme (this will save you from loosing your edits).
2. First: Search in the All Pages Section and see if you have removed/trashed the page by mistake. If so, restore the page.
Else create a new page and name it to Settings; remember, the slug must be settings.
3. That panel is not to install the add-ons. That is to view the add-ons currently available for Dokan. I guess you've downloaded the add-on's when you bought them from our site. Upload and install them just like any other plugin! Thats it.
If you're still confused, see our documentation about how to install add-ons for Dokan.
4. You have turned off the “anyone can register” option from WordPress Settings. Just enable that option. it will work.
5. To remove the footer menu, comment out line number 58 to 63 in footer.php which can be found at
6. WooCommerce has some hooks named woocommerce_login_form_start, woocommerce_login_form_end and woocommerce_login_form. you can use any of those to add some text and link to your terms and conditions (you can write HTML as well).
Hope This helps 🙂June 23, 2014 at 12:10 am #22303
Thanks for all of the help! I am still working on implementing all of these fixes, but I have run into 2 issues.
1. I could not find a Settings page, so I went ahead and created a new one and set it's parent page to “Dashboard”. Therefore, it's url is: mywebsite.com/dashboard/settings. I have set the “Settings” page as the Settings page in the Dokan settings. Now that I have done that, I can access the page on the website by going to Seller Dashboard > Settings, but the page I am now seeing is completely blank and not a Settings page for the sellers. Any thing I should fix? Have I done something wrong?
2. When I am accessing the Seller Dashboard > Products, and I select “Edit” on one of the products, I am redirected to my wishlists rather than to a page to edit products. I double checked and the user account was marked to be able to sell on the website. I tried disabling the Wishlists plugin, but the link is still being redirected there. Any fixes?
-BrandonJune 23, 2014 at 12:23 pm #22316
Sekander BadshaMemberPost count: 2067
As you're having so many difficulties, please make a fresh install and download the child theme you just made. So all your styling would be safe and you'll have everything working.
And please always take a backup of your database and files before installing any plugin. Because some plugin may change you're permalinks and URLs. So that if you run into any problem, you can always step back.June 24, 2014 at 1:20 pm #22365
I've tried to reinstall the theme, and unfortunately the issue has only seemed to get worse. All of the pages did not work at all from the Seller Dashboard, so I went ahead and permanently deleted them, then recreated them. Afterwards, the pages still do not work.
-BrandonJune 24, 2014 at 9:30 pm #22384
JasonMemberPost count: 102
Brandon, I have had the same problem in the past with similar software.
Best thing is to do a fresh WP install using a new Data base , then re install Dokan.
WHen things go very wrong it is often better to start from the begining as trouble shooting would not be the most time effective solution.June 24, 2014 at 11:20 pm #22385
Thank you very much for the suggestion! That may be the best and quickest available option right now, so I will certainly be doing that soon. I'll have to backup all my pages & products, then I'll try a fresh install of WordPress. Hopefully that will correct all of the issues.
Thanks for the suggestions!
-BrandonJune 27, 2014 at 9:23 am #22519
I double checked everything and got some issues solved regarding the Seller Dashboard. Previously, when creating a page, I did not know that there were templates to choose from. So, for each page I chose the corresponding template (for example, the Dashboard – Orders template for the Orders page), and therefore the page now functions properly. The issue I am now encountering, though, is while you can access the individual pages, they are not available to be clicked in the Seller Dashboard drop down menu in the top right hand corner of the website.
Is there anything I can do to change this so the links properly link to their corresponding pages?
-BrandonJune 29, 2014 at 6:08 am #22561
Solved the issue.
The topic ‘Questions regarding customizing Dokan’ is closed to new replies.