July 31, 2014 at 10:00 pm 24353
|Mahi||Hello, I need any site visitor to be able to create a user profile on my site then publish a post that they can edit at any time. Here are my issues: 1. Visitors are able to create a new user on the "Join QCC" page. >> I need this registration page to reload to "Create or Edit Campaign" page. How do I do that? 2. When a new logged in user goes to the "Create or Edit Campaign" page to create a post, they get a message: "You are not allowed to edit". How do I allow new logged in users to be able to create a post? I have changed all the backend settings to allow guest posts and also for newly registered users to become Authors. Wouldn't this allow them to create a post?? Right now only Admins can create a post. 3. Ideally I would want the main menu to change when a front end user is logged in. For example, "Login" should change to "My Campaign" (which would be a Dashboard page), "Join QCC" should disappear, and "Log Out" should appear in a drop down. Is there a way to do this? My site is queencitycrowdfunding.com, I will leave the under construction page disabled until you are able to resolve these issues. Thanks.|
August 1, 2014 at 5:52 am 24361
1. Create a page where you put your post form code, then on your registration form > Settings and set redirect according to that page:
Also, make sure to put this function on your theme’s functions.php file so, users to registered will be auto logged in.
2. Are you using any subscription package? and, you do not need user role to be author or admin. Regular subscription users should be able to create post.
3. to manage menu you have to either custom code it or use any 3rd party plugin.
i can recommend a few:
August 5, 2014 at 9:29 pm 24598
Your suggestions still left my issues unresolved.
1. I need the Login page to redirect to the User’s Dashboard (because I’m assuming only users who are logging in are already registered). The Registration page redirect works fine.
2. After a new user registers, he is still unable to create/edit a post or view/edit his profile. On the create post page, the message “You are not allowed to edit” shows up. On the Profile page, the message “No Results Found” shows up. I have made new users default subscribers when they register. Shouldn’t that enable them to create a post and edit their profile? I am not using any subscription packages. I have even enabled guest posting in my general WP settings. Still only Admins have been able to create/edit posts and profiles on the Front End.
my site is queencitycrowdfunding.com
August 6, 2014 at 6:18 am 24615
can you please your login details? reply as private.
August 6, 2014 at 6:00 pm 24662
|James||This reply has been marked as private.|
August 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm 24764
Have you been able to resolve my WP- User Frontend issues? I have given you my login credentials, so please let me know if you were able to log in.
August 8, 2014 at 10:51 am 24781
Just played around a little. Issue was in your post submission page you used [wpuf_edit] short-code , when you should use [wpuf_form id=”459″] shortcode.
Users can edit their posts only from their Dashboard area. Also, if you allow guest posting and guest not get registered then by default it will assign to admin.