I'm a little confused about registration and profile editing. So I have a regular subscriber to my site who has the ability to post a question in my question and answers area, or maybe submit a listing in my direction. I've created a new user registration form using your form builder.
Then I have another area where its author registration. Where approved authors can now submit a post to my site.
Then of course I have a woo commerce shop, where you would have to register all your payment information etc.
So the question is this?
1. Do I need a separate profile edit form page for subscribers and authors?
2. What happens if a subscriber wants to become an author later on?
3. If someone is a woocommerce customer of mine, and edits their profile, but they were an author as well from your plugin and registration form, where do they edit their profile?
3. For someone to manage their profile be it a subscriber, author, or woocommerce customer, can I ultimately just have ONE profile page which also has the author dashboard on it as well as all the other information?
1. You can use the same form for editing user profiles. You are using separate forms for user registration having different user roles. But once the user is created, role is ignored when updating the profile. So every user on your site can use the same form.
2. You have to handle it somehow, the plugin can't do anything on this regard. May be setup a contact form and if anyone contacts, just change their user role.
3. Yep. The answer is similar to the first question.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
The topic ‘User registration / Author Registration’ is closed to new replies.