Starting from WPUF v2.8 PRO, admins will be able to select the default status of newly registered users with the WPUF new user status feature.
Note: This feature is only available in the PRO versions of WPUF.
Navigate to WP-dashboard->User Frontend->Registration Forms. Select an existing form or create a new form.
1. After opening a form from Registration Forms, click on the Settings tab beside Form Editor of the form you have opened.
The last option is the New User Status drop-down from where you can set the status of the newly registered user.
2. From this drop-down, select the default status you want your new users to have when they register to your site.
For example, you can select Pending from the drop-down.
4. Click on Save Form after selecting the status.
5. Then copy the shortcode from the Form Editor tab by clicking on the blue Registration button located just above the form.
6. After copying the shortcode, create a new page or go to on an existing page.
Navigate to wp-dashboard->Pages.
Paste the Registration shortcode of the form.
7. Type the Title of the page above and click on Publish, as shown below.
Frontend View & Use
- This is how your Sample Registration Form will look from the frontend.
2. User will fill in the details, as shown below:
3. When user submits the form to register, you will be able to view all registered users from wp-dashboard->Users->All Users.
The highlighted box shows the user [demo user] that we just registered through the sample registration form. As you can see, the status of this user is shown as Pending. This is because the admin selected the default user status to be Pending.
4. As the admin, you have the option to Approve or Deny this user, simply by hovering your mouse over the user's name.
In this way, you can also select Approved or Declined from Registration Forms->Settings to be the user status of the newly registered user.
You are also able to set up email notifications for both admin and user. To know about how to configure the email notification settings for user status, read this documentation.
A new column ”status” has also been added to User->All Users, which shows the status of every newly registered user. Admins can approve, deny, pending, approve at any time. From All Users, admins can filter users as pending, approved and denied. Admins can also bulk approve, deny or set to pending the status of users using Bulk Actions.